/| Mario Kart PC |\

Websites for creating sprites?

smile

Page:  1 

vs11340 pts ★ Champion
battle5076 pts ★ Novice
United States
Hey, so I've always wanted to make a custome character or custom decor for custome tracks. I was wondering if there are any good websites where I can create the sprites. Also it can't be one I have to pay for. I've tried a couple like Spritepaint, but it didn't work too well for me. So if you have any ideas or if you already make sprites, it would help me to know where I can make them and actually have it work for mkpc. Tysm! super
vs86827 pts ★ Titan
battle15988 pts ★ Master
Canada
Neowave wrote:
Hey, so I've always wanted to make a custome character or custom decor for custome tracks. I was wondering if there are any good websites where I can create the sprites. Also it can't be one I have to pay for. I've tried a couple like Spritepaint, but it didn't work too well for me. So if you have any ideas or if you already make sprites, it would help me to know where I can make them and actually have it work for mkpc. Tysm! super

I use Piskel to create my custom characters and decors
It is true that pixel art in general is a bit hard to learn at first but you'll get used to it eventually
vs8218 pts ★ Expert
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
Brazil
I just use the one installed on my computer, aka MS Paint.
vs6780 pts ★ Racer
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
United States
piskel is good and free, and it only runs on browser
vs8790 pts ★ Expert
battle5210 pts ★ Novice
United States
For my Mario Kart PC custom characters, I normally go to the website Pixilart, and I use existing character sprites as bases.

For example, when I made Sheik, I took the already existing sprite of Zero Suit Samus (by jacob I think??) and used it as a template. You can kinda see it when you put them side by side...
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-685f116ea17a5-45816.png
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-685ca1b72d5a6-45752.png

And for Palutena, I used Daisy's Tour Swimwear sprite (by Kirby123)...
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-6a6977b556c31-57530.png
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-68dfb0a975c8f-49215.png

But when I made Homestar Runner, I just used some "Human 2.0 Base" (by Mattheng)...
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-65b07fbd798ae-29472.png
https://mkpc.malahieude.net/images/sprites/uploads/cp-6a85bc5789129-57888.png

Page:  1 

Back to Various discussions
Back to the forum